PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: FAMILY FINANCE 2
Text: Genesis 30:30
30-For it was little which thou hadst before I came, and it is now increased unto a multitude; and the LORD hath blessed thee since my coming: and now when shall I provide for mine own house also?
In family finance aside from the income generated, expenses are also made hence the need to discuss about expenses in the home. Just like any organisation needs money to run its affairs, every family also need money to run her daily affairs and it is important to note that to lead a successful family financial life, your family expenditure must not be more than your family income, otherwise there would be serious financial crises which if not well managed could lead to a broken home or separation. Let’s consider the following key points in family expenditure:
- Spend on basic needs: Your basic needs are food, shelter and clothing, these should be your primary area of expenditure before you consider other things which could be your needs or wants.
- Draw up scale of preference: Even among your basic needs there should be priority. Food comes first, followed by shelter and then clothing. Of course it would not be wise to go for clothing first when your family has no food to eat.
- Live within your means: A common saying states “cut your coat according to your cloth”. It simply means don’t live an extravagant life where your family expenditure far out weighs your income. Don’t live a lie or false live and don’t try to show off to people that you are very rich when you are not because it will often bounce back on you negatively.
- Train your children: Teach your children to understand your inflow and outflow of money in the house, so that they can understand why you cannot afford some things at certain times and train them to always pray for God’s blessings upon your home. (Proverb 22:6)
* Father, bless my home with all the good things of life in Jesus Name
* Father, my home will not lack money in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE: Exodus 12, Luke 18
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevalinfamily
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on