PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: DON’T BE DISPLACED Part 2
Text: Psalms 1:1
1- Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of scornful.
In part one of this devotional topic on Tuesday 13th June (read further @ http://www.raisedbygrace.wordpress.com) we considered that:
* Every person on earth has two things in common which are space (location) and time
* There is a location where the blessings of God is most probable.
* God is mindful of where His children are located in life per time.
Today, we want to consider, the type of space or location on earth.
Relatively to God, there two kinds of location that we must occupy rightly and ensured we are not displaced.
- PHYSICAL LOCATION/SPACE/POSITION: Where you are located physically as a child of God is very important. God is present every where, David said even in hell God is there (Psalms 139:8, If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.) but there are certain places you could go where God’s presence won’t go with you and heaven would be shut and it becomes difficult for God to easily reach out to you even though He knows you are there. Likewise there are places you go and the presence of God will be with you, your heavens will be open and its easy for God to pour his blessings upon you. A practical example is In Genesis 26, famine wanted to displace Isaac from the place he was suppose to be to Egypt, but God appeared to him to remain where he was and that he would bless him there even in famine and God did because Isaac obeyed.
SPIRITUAL LOCATION/SPACE/POSITION: Your spiritual location is also important to God. A lot of people exist on earth physically but to God they are no where to be found spiritually. Adam and Eve were displaced by the deceit of the devil to disobey God’s instruction, and when God came as usual to fellowship with them they went into hiding and God called out to Adam “Where Art Thou”. Be alive to God spiritually, do not allow anything to displace you from His presence, David understood this when he cried and prayed this prayer is Psalms 51:11 “Cast me not away from your presence oh Lord and take not thy holy spirit from me…..”
Dearly beloved, God is mindful of where you are located or positioned physically and spiritually, so don’t allow anything (challenges, greed, covetousness, jealously, sin, peer pressure, anxiety e.t.c) to displace you from where God wants you to be per time either physically or spiritually.
* Father, let me not be where you will be unable to help me in Jesus Name.
* Father, by your mercy let nothing cast me away from your presence.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Genesis 5, Matthew 7
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Thursday 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter: @prevailinfamily
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on