PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: FAMILY DEVOTION Part 1
Text: Acts 10:1-2 KJV
1. There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
2. A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway.
Devotion is an act of private prayer or worship, it means praying and worshiping God in a closet or privately. Family devotion therefore is when such is done by the whole family and not just individual. Personal devotion is very important to every child of God likewise family devotion is important to every family or home.
God is always proud of homes where not only the father knows God but the entirely family, several examples in the scriptures proofs that.
- In Genesis 18:19 God Himself was proud of Abraham and testified of him saying “For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.”
From our text above (Acts 10:1-48), Cornelius was a centurion (military personnel), and he was devoted to God with his entire household though he was ignorant of the salvation through confession of Jesus Christ as Lord and saviour. Cornelius lifestyle and family devotions pleased God, and so God himself led him in a vision to call on Apostle Peter to lead Cornelius and his entire household to salvation.
In Joshua 24:15, Joshua was very bold to challenge the elders and people of Israel to serve God, because he was sure no one could raise an accusing finger against him or any member of his household of rebellion against God. So Joshua challenged them to choose whom they would serve sayings but as for him (Joshua) and his household they would serve the Lord.
On the other hand, God is never proud and do condemn homes where only the father knows God but the others are rebellious.
- In 1 Samuel 2:22-31, Eli was a great Priest of God in Israel but his two sons were wayward and rebellious. God was not pleased with Eli’s home and He sent several warnings to Eli with impending dangers ahead. Eventually Eli’s home received condemnation from God such that Eli and his two sons died the same day and the only grandson that was born that same period was named Ichabod meaning God’s glory has departed.
Dearly beloved, its is important that as you care about your spiritual life with God, your family should not be neglected in their devotions to God. Restore your family life devotions, God bless you.
*Father, help me never to neglect the place of my family devotions with you in Jesus Name
* Father, let me not receive your condemnation because of my home in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter: @prevailinfamily
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on