PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: AN EXCELLENT CHILD Part 2
Text: Genesis 41:38-41KJV
38-And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
39-And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40-Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41-And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
In part 1 of this devotional topic last Saturday (read further @ http://www.raisedbygrace.wordpress.com) We defined the word excellent as possessing outstanding quality or doing extraordinary. Our biblical example was Josiah a King of Israel at 8 years but did achieved extraordinary things for God.
Today we want to consider another biblical example, Joseph, for the purpose of emphasis.
From childhood through to adult, Joseph was an excellent child, the following passages proves that:
* Genesis 37:5, Joseph was excellent among his father’s children
* Genesis 39:1-6, He was excellent as a slave boy in portipher’s house such that Portipher put Joseph in charge of all his household, that was a position meant for his son but he gave it to a slave, really that was excellent.
* Genesis 39: 20-21, Joseph was excellent as a prisoner in a strange land, such that the prison guard made Joseph to be in charge of other prisoners
* Genesis 41, When the Pharaoh, king of Egypt had a terrible dream which no one could interpret, Joseph was called out from prison to interpret the dream, he interpreted the dream, proffer a solution to the dream and Pharaoh appointed him to become his second in command. So Joseph was able to deliver Egypt from 7 years of famine such that many other nations came to Egypt to buy food at that season of famine. The only word to describe this exploit of a slave boy (Joseph) in a strange land (Egypt) is Excellent.
More biblical examples are:
* Samuel: In 1 Samuel 3, at such a time when the word of God was rare and there were no vision, Samuel could hear God as a little child and deliver God’s seasoned and timely message to Eli, a great Priest of God in Israel, telling Eli the mind of God concerning Eli and his household and those words came to pass.
- Jesus: Jesus was found at the age of 12 years in the temple listening and asking doctors of the law questions. And all that heard him, marvel at his understanding and answers (Luke 2:41-52).
Dearly beloved, Psalms 127:4 says your children are mighty arrows in the hands of God, if Josiah, Joseph, Samuel e.t.c can be used by God to deliver nations and established His purpose in those nations, then your children can be used, just take them up to God in prayer for the spirit of excellence. God bless you.
Father, pour your excellent spirit upon me and my children and make us relevant in our generation in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
Hosea 12 13
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevalinfamily
Email us: email@example.com
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on