PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE MYSTERY OF HIS BLOOD ( part 2 )
Text : Exodus 12:1-33
Exodus 12:13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you, when I smite the land of Egypt.
Yesterday I was able to explain in the light of the scriptures, the necessity of shedding of blood and why it have to be that of Jesus. Today I want to point out similarities in the passover lamb in Egypt and Jesus as our passover lamb.
- Our text is taken from the book of Exodus meaning Exit, connotes exit from the land of bondage. Every Israelite was expected to kill a lamb and put it blood at the sign post of his outer door, blood must be seen by the angel of death so that he can keep off, if peradventure someone fails to put the blood at the post of the door and the angel strike, the fellow will have himself to blame. Now that Christ’s blood has been shed, whoever fails take to covering in the blood will have himself to blame.
Their passover lamb must be without blemish just as our passover lamb ,Jesus, was without blemish , sinless.
- the sacrifice of their passover lamb led them out of their land of bondage, the sacrifice of Jesus led us out of bondage of sin and of the devil.
- The blood of the lamb prevents the evil one from seeing them, the blood of Jesus shields us from evil. Revelation 12:11.
The Israelites were instructed to stay in houses on which were marks of the blood in the course of the night. You need to understand that we are in the night time of the world, how do I know? Look at this: Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light. Terrible things are happening now just as terrible things happened on the night of their passover. We also are expected to remain in the covering of the blood of Jesus for sure security till He comes, keep your salvation, allow nothing to take you back to the bondage of sin.
Jesus’ blood also speaks good things into our lives, look at this: Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. Plead the blood ofJesus over your life, let it speak against everything that is contrary to your life. It is not coincident that the scriptures that talk about the blood in today’s message are all in chapter 12 of various books. God bless you. HAPPY EASTER.
* Lord help me to remain under the covering of the blood.
* Let the blood of Jesus speak good things into my life today.
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Fellowship with us
Today 6.30- 8pm
@ 5, Adebisi street Itire
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
Follow us on twitter @prevailinfamily
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on