Topic: SHINNING LITTLE LIGHTS
Text: Matthew 5:14-16KJV
14- Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15- Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16- Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
I’ll go remember this lovely song I was taught years back in the children class, it is sung thus:
This little light of mine,
Am gonna let it s-h-i-n-e(3x),
Let it shine(3x)
When we talk about little light, we refer to the children, they are little lights because:
* They are fragile just as a candle light is fragile
* They need guidance
* They need protection, just as you need to protect the candle you lit from wind.
From our scriptural text above, we can deduce the following from the teachings of Jesus:
* You are light, not just any light but light of the world. So your children are lights of the world, therefore let them shine
* You don’t hide light. Don’t hide the glory of your little ones, encourage them to use the God’s gift in them. Some parents don’t allow their wards to express themselves, they don’t encourage them to be active in the things of God. Parents don’t bury or hide these little lights, even Jesus said in Matthew 19:14 “….suffer little children , and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.”
* Let your light shine before men. Let the little lights shine before men, let them be relevant to their generation, let men say thank God for this boy or girl, let their peers say I want to be like you.
Dearly beloved, when you light a wood, you cover the little fire on it from excessive wind which could quench the light but as you allow it to burn, it gets to a stage that the same wind that a was threat becomes the fuel with which it will burn, so allow your children to shine, as they shine their little lights, guide, tutor and protect their lights until they become what God want them to be. God bless you.
* Father, let my light shine and let the light of my children shine in Jesus Name
* Father, help me not to fail you over my children in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
@ PREVAILING FAMILY Ejigbo HAPPY
CHILD COLLEGE 5.30- 6.30pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it