PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: THE CROSS & THE WORLD
Text: Luke 9:23-25KJV
23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away?
The cross and the world are two important subject matters that influences every christian. Every child of God must set their priorities right about the cross and the world if they must make heaven.
The cross signifies a life with burden, yoke and sacrifice to please God, while the world signifies a life of pleasure and sin to please the devil. These two: cross and world are contrary to one another just like two parallel lines that cannot meet.
From our text for today’s devotional, Jesus reel out the three conditions to become His disciple:
* Self denial: This is how a child of God must handle the subject of the world. He/She must deny himself/herself of the pleasures of this world (2 Timothy 2:4), so don’t embrace the world rather refrain from the world
* Carry the Cross: This is how a child of God must handle the subject of the cross. It must be carried daily, it is the easy yoke and light burden from the Saviour that brings forth ultimate salvation and rest for the soul (Matthew 11:29-30). So don’t run from your cross rather carry your cross.
* Follow the Master: The first two above are conditions to fulfilling this. Follow Jesus all through the way without turning back.
Beloved, you must set the cross before you (Hebrews 12:2) and the world behind you as you follow Jesus. I pray that you will not miss it like Denmas and Judas Iscariot in Jesus Name. God bless you
* Father, let me not miss it like Denmas and Judas in Jesus Name
* Let me not fail you like King Saul and Prophet Eli in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
For prayer and counselling call this lines
Worship with us @ PREVAILING HOUR
Today @ 6.30pm
@ 5 Adebisi Itire Lagos
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on
Prevailing Family’s Blog