PREVAILING VOICE DAILY
Topic: PERFECT WORKS OF REDEMPTION Part 1
Text: Ephesians 2: 1-9 KJV
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
There are three key words in our topic for today. PERFECT means having no mistakes or flaws,it also means completely correct or accurate, WORK means exertion or effort directed to produce or
accomplish something; labor; toil. While REDEMPTION means the action of saving or being saved from sin, error, or evil.
Our Salvation which is God’s perfect works of redemption can be defined as God’s accurate and flawless effort directed at saving us from sin, error or evil. For more understanding let’s consider one of the features of this perfect works of redemption:
* SAVED BY GRACE: verse 8 and 9 of our text says we are saved by grace, not by works and so no one can or should boast that he/she was saved by the works (self righteousness, doing good, living a good moral life, praying e.t.c) of his/her hand.
Dearly beloved, very many still believe today that salvation is by works especially living morally and doing good in addition to praying. Our text clearly declares we are saved by grace through faith. If we can be saved by works then Cornelius a centurion in Acts chapter 10 would not be instructed by an angel of God to send for Peter to lead his family into salvation. Cornelius was a devout man that feared God, gave alms (he does good), and he fasted and prayed to God always such that the angel said his prayer was a memorial before God. If those good works were enough for Cornelius’ salvation, the angel would not have spoken to him in a vision to send for Peter who declared to them salvation by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Dear reader, am not condemning the good works and moral living but they cannot bring perfect work of redemption (SALVATION) that we receive by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. This grace that brings salvation, the scripture says it appears to all men according to Titus 2:11. So if you have not accepted the offer of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, do so today and you will never regret it. I tell you there is great joy in heaven over a soul that becomes saved (Luke 15:7), God bless you
1. Father thank you for the perfect works of redemption that you offer to us all
2. Lord save me by your grace and let not the devil take advantage of my ignorance
3. Let your mercy be seen at work in my life in Jesus Name
READING THROUGH THE BIBLE (RTB)
Joshua 4, 1Timothy 5
For prayer and counselling call this lines
fellowship with us for glorious services THIS SUNDAY
@ PRAISE PAVILION 2 Aceland Avenue Ile epo Ejigbo 9-11am
@ PREVAILING FAMILY llasa. 29 Aje street Ilasa 4-5.30 pm
@ PREVAILING FAMILY Ejigbo HAPPY
CHILD COLLEGE 5.30- 6.30pm
Add us on facebook Prevailing Family-Netwrk
And if you miss any Prevailing Voice Daily check it on